Promise Child and it's ministry leaders base their work to further the Kingdom of God on these statements of faith:
1. We believe that it is the Spirit of God that convicts the heart of man and draws people to Himself.
“Learn to do good; seek justice, reprove the ruthless; defend the orphan, plead for the widow.” Isaiah 1:17
“For the poor will never cease to be in the land; therefore I command you, saying, 'You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy and poor in your land.'” Deuteronomy 15:11
2. We believe that because the poor, the orphans, and the widows will never cease to be with us, we should freely give, defend, and plead for them.
“Hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through
the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:5
3. We believe by providing for the basic needs of children and their families- things like food, shelter, clothing, and school supplies- a door will be open for the Gospel.
4. We believe that after Jesus ascended to heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world; an obligation shared by all believers today.
“And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, ‘All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’” Matthew 28:18-19
5. We believe that the most important mission of Promise Child is to make disciples and raise up nationals to disciple their own people.
6. We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible - both Old and New Testaments - are the inspired, infallible Word of God.
1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16
7. We believe God is eternally existent in three separate persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6
8. We believe God the Father is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign creator of all things. We believe Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His victorious death on the cross, was bodily resurrected by the power of the Holy Spirit, ascended back to the right hand of the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us.
9. We believe all people are by nature separated from God and are responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
10. We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Scriptures, and that they are valid for today if exercised within scriptural guidelines.
11. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
Romans 8:13-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18